achieve goal

Many people set goals, but most of do not achieve them. You need to answer  these questions when setting your goals.

1. Are your goals too unclear and out of focus?

Your subconscious mind is a very powerful tool that works 24/7 without you being even aware of it. When you set clear goals and write them down on a piece of paper you send a strong message to your subconscious mind. It is a fact that there are billions of choice you could make every second, but your subconscious mind, knowing where you want to go, will make sure that you maximize your chances of success by taking the appropriate choices So, set a clear goal.

2. Are your goals accomplishable?

Being totally open-minded while setting goals can have a transformative impact on your reality. Why? Because, just for a while, you forget about what you can do and what you can’t, and simply focus on what you really want. By opening yourself to opportunities and letting go of your limiting beliefs, you start realizing that you can accomplish more than you thought were possible. You start telling to yourself, “why not”, “what if it was actually possible?” Setting goals will definitely change your present reality

3. Are you surrounded by the right people?

Here’s an old saying that we become like those we choose to hold closest. Look around at your inner circle of friends and confidantes. Are they who you would like to become? Do you admire and respect them? If not, perhaps you should consider why you don’t and open your circle to new inspiration. Surround with someone who motivates you.

Questions to ask yourseld before setting goals


It’s worth the time it may take to consciously surround yourself with people who can create goodness for themselves, and those around them. Take a look around you and see – do you seem to be drawn to happy people? Why or why not?

Make sure you know why you want to achieve something, how it will be possible and who will help you get there. The more detail the better. That’s why writing down your goals is so important.

Studies Shows that:

The Harvard MBA program is extremely competitive, and today admits approximately 15% of applicants. In the 60’s the acceptance rate was about 30%, down to 25% in the 70s, and has fluctuated between 10-15% ever since. Students who make it past the application process are typically standouts, and already fairly successful by most traditional definitions – they have an undergraduate degree, typically three to five years of work experience and were considered suitable for acceptance into the Harvard Business School.

setting your goals

The average Harvard MBA graduate starts at $115K with a $20K signing bonus. Nonetheless, some graduates of the Harvard MBA program end up being MUCH more successful than others in the long run. (Source: Harvard’s MBA Statistics Page)

So, Why Do 3% of Harvard MBAs Make Ten Times as Much as the Other 97% Combined ?

The answer is a simple question: “Have you set clear, written goals for your future and made plans to accomplish them?” In 1979, interviewers asked new graduates from the Harvard’s MBA Program and found that:

84% had no specific goals at all 13% had goals but they were not committed to paper 3% had clear, written goals and plans to accomplish them In 1989, the interviewers again interviewed the graduates of that class. You can guess the results: The 13% of the class who had goals were earning, on average, twice as much as the 84 percent who had no goals at all.

Even more staggering – the three percent who had clear, written goals were earning, on average, ten times as much as the other 97 percent put together.

(Source: from the book what they don’t teach you in the Harvard Business School, by Mark McCormack)

Do you have anything to add to this article? Tell us about in the comment section below and pass this on to others! Our content is created to the best of our knowledge.

Check out Life Lessons from Steve Jobs.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here